1. Support for participants from low income countries
In order to assure that also participants from low income countries (https://datahelpdesk.worldbank.org/knowledgebase/articles/906519-world-bank-country-and-lending-groups
) have the possibility to participate in the ISBCW, we will make some support available for participants whose abstracts have been accepted for a talk.
To apply, please register on-line and submit your abstract. After finishing the registration process send the following information to Hariet Hinz (email@example.com):
- your submitted abstract;
- a detailed budget of your needs; please note that a maximum of CHF 2’500 is available for each participant;
- the amount of money you can provide yourself (through grants, stipends, personal funds etc.). In case you have applied for additional funding somewhere else, please indicate the amount you requested, the source of funding and the likely date you expect an answer;
- a CV with a list of publications of the last 5 years;
- a short motivation letter.
If your application is successful, you will have to pay for your costs in advance, and will be reimbursed once you are in Switzerland. Please note that you must bring all your receipts (plane ticket, boarding pass, Visa costs, etc.).
2. Support for young researchers
The International Organisation for Biological Control (IOBC) is offering support of a total of 4,000 Euro for early career researchers to attend the ISBCW. Awards values are limited to 1,000 Euros (typically 500 Euros) for attendees to support travel to the meeting.
How to qualify:
To be eligible for an award you must be:
- Age 35 or under
- Member of IOBC
- Studying/working on biological control
- The applicant should have a talk or poster as first author accepted
To find out about the benefits of becoming a member of IOBC please go to the membership page on IOBC website
. You can find information on how to become a member in your geographic region by clicking on your area in the Regional Sections tab.
How to apply:
To apply for an award, register on-line and submit your abstract. After finishing the registration process please contact Hariet Hinz (firstname.lastname@example.org) and provide your contact details, evidence of age and IOBC membership, the abstract of your presentation, and a cover letter describing your study/career in biological control.
The conference organizers will notify by return e-mail by mid May, if the applicant has been chosen to receive financial assistance and how much will be paid.
Reimbursement only on provision of receipt(s): Please provide receipts (travel and hotel tickets as mentioned above), as well as your bank details.